Dear Glenn,

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:57:48 +0100, Glenn McCorkle wrote:

>> I have boght a new (at least new for ME ;-) computer and
>> I can't establish PPP connection with the _epppd_.
> That "new computer" might have a win-modem installed.

I have noooooooo win-modem!!!
Mr. McCorkle, please, name your duel-assistants! ;-)

> If it is a win-modem, you'll need to get a real-modem.
> (or you'll be stuck with windows for the rest of your life)<grin>

hmmm...I see the duel is unavoidable... ;-)

By the way, the "new computer" means an IBM 6x86 processor with
a new mainboard. I use my old modem (56k external GVC).
I have no problem in terminal mode, the manual authentication
is OK, but when I turn to PPP mode, presently the connection is
cut off.

Best regards,
Csaba
[EMAIL PROTECTED]