I think I just realized a fact perhaps well known to the rest of you.
Ever so often I send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED], but I never
see my own message on the digest which I get.

There are at least 2 possibilities:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] is not
just sets of messages from the arachne listserv, as normal. Arachne-digest
acts as a completely separate list.  So if I want a message to get the
the readers of arachne-digest, I have to send it to the digest, not just
to arachne.  Is this true?

Alternatively, I know some listservs have options which do not sent
one's own posts back to one.  But I doubt that this is what is happening.