On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Bernie wrote:

> Vasily Zatsepin wrote:
> >Thank you, Bernie. I've got the correct version of the GIF from Glenn.
> >So, I was wrong with my "red boxes" claims/accusations against Arachne.
> >I'm sorry :(.
>
> And Glenn wrote:
> > That .GIF file has a "bad block"
> > According to Cshow.exe...... Bad block ID at 10240 at row 0
>
> But why do other programs manage to view it? (ex. PV, QPV, Netscape, IE)

The last time I looked into that image I saw there is a bug in the image :))
The last character is #0 (null) instead of ';' (as it should be according to
the GIF specification). The ; means an end of the file for gif readers.
Therefore some of them may have problems to read this file correctly if
it is incorrect.

But as I said it was about a year ago, maybe its something different
you are talking about :))

Peter Ondraska