Hello fellow Arachnids:

I have just recently installed Arachne version 1.66 on a 486sx 33,
8 MB RAM, belonging to a local civic association.  She's up and running
just fine, although somewhat slow.  I downloaded the Arachne package
and performed the installation from scratch by using the install
wizards.  Everything involved in the installation proceeded just fine
without a glitch or any other kind of problem.

I think I could tweak Arachne's performance by modifying CONFIG.SYS
and AUTOEXEC.BAT.  I want to run Arachne from the HDD because we have
problems with frequent power outages in my neck of the woods.  I have
long since misplaced my DOS 5.00 manuals.

Would those list members who are still very familiar with DOS 5.00
please send to me off-list some suggested AUTOEXEC.BATs and CONFIG.SYSes?

Thanks.

Sam Heywood

-- This mail sent by Arachne, www graphical browser for DOS
-- Visit the Arachne DOS Browser Home Page, http://home.arachne.cz