On  7 Aug 00 at 16:01, J. J. Young wrote:

>>The attached PNG image does not display correctly in Arachne1.66.
>>I have been able to view it with PaintShopPro and ACDSee for

Yes, that does look strange.

>>Until now I've been in the habit of deleting the PNG converter, as PNGs are
>>still quite rare, but this image comes from a site that uses the format
>>extensively, and which I plan to use regularly.

I have been to a site (no URL) that uses them exclusively and their
page looks fine with Arachne. Their use of the PNG format is a
reaction to Unisys' allegedly "strongarm" licensing enforcement
efforts with the LZW algorithm it employs. Does PNG support animated
images like GIF?

Regards,
Dale Mentzer

    This mail written by a user of Arachne, the DOS Internet Client
                WWWWW World Wide Web Without Windows
          http://home.arachne.cz Arachne DOS Browser Home Page