On Sun, 06 Aug 2000 17:11:27 +-0100XYZ(nWxst), Neil Parks wrote:

> Just ran into what looks like an email problem using Arachne 1.62.
> If it has been corrected in later versions, I withdraw the question.

I'm affraid that would be the other way around, get an
older version! <g>

For some reason, all 1.6x and newer only recognize single
address in both "To:" and "CC:" line.  The rest are ignored,
but still included in message header.  There's no explanation
about this "new feature" in Arachne history.  Could be either
a bug or really a feature, added to prevent Arachne users
from spamming people ;-)

Perhaps Bernie or others who has Arachne source could take a
peek in the SMTP module to see if there's any comments that
explains this?

> Following is from the SMTP.LOG after I sent an email.  As you
> can see by the To: line, I wanted to send the msg to 2 recipients.
> However, it appears from the RFC821 dialogue that the msg went
> to only the first one.

>  220 X1 NT-ESMTP Server mail1.1nol.com (IMail 6.00 24641-5)
<snip>

Yes, there's only single "RCPT TO:" line.  Lets see... How
about adding more than one "CC:" line in the *.TBS file? ;)

--Eko
Is Arachne the right tool for webmasters?
See http://survpc.virtualave.net/