On Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:42:44 -0400, Roger Turk wrote:

> Bastiaan,

> Among other things, AMI could be American Megatrends, Inc.  I checked the AMI
> web site (www.ami.com), but could not find any information on modems.  Also
> did a search on "2050" and came up with some unusual results:  2050 being a
> DNS for ATT --> Dell 2050 cpu (???).

> I probably should have been more specific in my previous post by saying that
> electronic equipment sold in the U.S. (and Canada?) has to have an FCCID
> number to indicate that it has been tested so that it will not create
> interference in either a business or residential surrounding.  Maybe the
> interference that you are experiencing is the reason for no FCCID.

> Roger Turk
> Tucson, Arizona  USA

The CE-marking should mean that the equipement does not radiate unwanted
interference or be disturbed by electro-magnetic (waves) and equipement
without the CE-marking is not allowed for trading in the EC...
I mentioned it because my modem proves that extensive testing is not a
garantee as it should be.

Bastiaan

-- This mail was written by user of Arachne, the Ultimate Internet Client
-- Arachne V1.61, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/