On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 18:08:45 +0100, Neil Smith wrote:

>> Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:55:45
>> From: "Dale Mentzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Subject: Spammer service ad

> I can confirm receipt of that spam from that bulk email lot.
> The fact that it came to Dale as well suggests that either we have both
> subscribed to  some site on the web & they've passed on details, or the mail
> addresses are being collected from here by some sort of  'spam-bot'

> I have started to receive quite a bit of this sort of thing recently, and
> have
> started to wonder if email addresses are being harvested from the arachne
> newsgroup (unless xchaos have passed on my email address :<  ) .

> Anybody got any thoughts on 'retaliation' ? Perhaps there's too much mail as
> it is, so filling their reply address mailbox with c*ap would be a tad
> irresponsible?
> Answers on a postcard....

In three months online at this location, I have recieved only *one*
letter that I considered to be spam. IIRC it was posted to the list by
someone who thought other listers might find it useful ;-) While using
the Aptiva all last year I found the "spam factor" to be good.
Maybe I just don't get out enough <g>

                       - Pete Randolph -
                 - Morristown Corners, Vermont -