Samuel W. Heywood wrote:

> > I got that choice piece of spam. What an email address!! Too bad I
> > don't have $17 burning a whole in my pocket. Just as well, I don't
> > have cable anyway.
>
> I got my copy too.  Certain recent spamming attacks seem to have targeted
> everyone on the list.
>
> Could it be that some disgruntled ex-member of the list has decided to
> turn over all of our email addresses to some spammers?

I got it too. They have our list allright - but it is quite surprising
that it hasn't been harvested before. If they query majordomo for every
site on the web, they will eventually get all the lists. I find it hard
to believe they haven't thought of that.

Now, what can we realistically do about it ?

-  Clarence Verge
--
-  Help stamp out FATWARE.  As a start visit: http://home.arachne.cz/