I know, should have attached this to the previous letter, but i've
just thought about it right now.

DOS seems to be "in between forces". Its both simple to use, and yet
powerfull enough, with a good enough command line interface (which gets
even better with the availble replacements such as 4DOS).

Its not trying to be over simplistic, a la Windows "The computer is
too much for you. Sit back and let ME do the work", or a la Linux,
where I dont think I need to explain about the level required for
its optimal use.

With DOS you dont have to be a newbie or an expert, its something in
between that can work for both. Maybe thats the thing. Thats what
Windows and Linux seems to lack, etleast from my perspective, since
there are quite alot of people out there who would say that i'm
totally, absolutly wrong.

                                       Or Botton
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Truth is stranger then fiction, since fiction has to make sense."
http://members.xoom.com/dsdp/