You wrote:
>Arachne's epppd.exe 49.258 against 27.479.

If I use "upx --best" on the epppd 0.6 file I get it down to 28,469 I have
also download "Going Postal" and the file can not be compressed - so my
guess is that it's already compressed.

>As I remember somebody is working on minimizing Arachne so I think it would
>be good to look into the reason why the two differ so much in size.

Minimizing Arachne doesn't ring a bell to me (except that Michael always is
trying), but I'm minimizing epppd.

>You know by chance what the default values are?

Both are 1500, this is also the default in Trumpet WinSock.

>Sounds interesting but I real;y do not have an idea what FIFO trigger level
>is and what it is supposed to do. Could you explain it in plain ;-) english.

Well we'll just skip the details and get to the point: it's probably better
to set it low on an old computer.