Hi gang -

Thanks for the feedback on my cache problem. I guessed that the error
message might have been a result of copying .cfg files over, but was
hoping I was wrong. Oh well. I look forward to the day when an upgrade
can copy your set-up over to the new version. I'm running Arachne over a
network and DSL line and now that I FINALLY got it working, I don't want
to mess with it.

Speaking of DSL, has anyone had success with Trumpet Newsreader? I got
it set up, connected and everything seems to be working great until it
starts loading the newsgroups. After a couple of minutes of loading, I
get a runtime error and the thing bombs. I'm running it under DR-DOS
7.02 on a 386 with 8 Megs of RAM.

Arachne is set up to use BOOTP (though I still haven't gotten Telnet working).

I also tried Pine, but try as I might,
the thing refuses to connect and Minuet freezes every time I try to
enter IP addresses.

I was using Nettamer (which won't play with DSL) with dial-up, but now that FreeWWWeb
bit the dust
and I haven't gotten around to setting up 1 Nation Online on this
machine, I thought I'd try my hand at a different DOS newsreader.

As always, suggestions are always appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard Burckhardt
-- Arachne V1.66, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/