On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:54:22 +0700 (JAVT), Eko Priono wrote:

> Why Arachne won't allow me to select another option if the option
> tags are not followed by any closure tags as like this?

> <select name="submode.2">
> <option value="1" selected>Individual Emails
> <option value="2" >Daily Digest
> <option value="3" >No Mail/Web Only
> <option value="0">Unsubscribe Member
> </select>

> This snippet was smurfed from eGroups, BTW.  And both Netscape
> and IE has no problem with it...

 The problem isn't the missing </option>
It's the missing "action" in the <form> tag.

Edit the page in question and insert the URL of that page as the
"form_action".

---this does not work in Arachne---
<form>
<select name="submode.2">
<option value="1" selected>Individual Emails
<option value="2" >Daily Digest
<option value="3" >No Mail/Web Only
<option value="0">Unsubscribe Member
</select>
</form>
-------

--This works in Arachne---
<form action="sample.htm">
<select name="submode.2">
<option value="1" selected>Individual Emails
<option value="2" >Daily Digest
<option value="3" >No Mail/Web Only
<option value="0">Unsubscribe Member
</select>
</form>
-------

(reference source)
http://www.cwru.edu/2024000/help/interHTML/ch7.html

I took a little Quiz after reading the forms section of the tutorial.
http://www.cwru.edu/2024000/help/interHTML/quiz/ch4p1.html

---quiz grade---
Exam Results

Each question is shown with the answer you selected. If a question is shown
as incorrect, then it means that you have gotten the wrong answer and need
to try again.

 1.Functioning forms require: a CGI program
   Correct!

 2.Data is sent from the form in: name-value pairs
   Correct!

 3.Each input must have a unique name. True
   Correct!

 4.The two attributes of a <FORM> tag are: METHOD and ACTION
   Correct!

 5.Forms are containers. True
   Correct!

Congratulations!

You've successfully completed the quiz!

Glenn McCorkle [EMAIL PROTECTED] North Jackson, Ohio, USA
DOS prog. for QV cameras http://www.angelfire.com/id/glenndoom/qvplay.html
Other stuff http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
--
            Arachne, The Web Browser for DOS
   Open the 'DOOR' to the WWW. Keep the 'windows' closed.