Yeah, I know how batch FILES work. [not scripts]

I use them extensively.

The only "command line/DOS prompt" command in the list they gave is SET,
and that won't do a thing all by itself except show what's currently in
the environment.

Calling BATch language DOS is like calling C language DOS.  Both use the
way DOS acts/reacts, but they aren't DOS.

l.d.
====