>Subject: http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/schluter/doc/tags/
>Arachne displays this CSSed page fine. Note the alternative versions for
non-Java and non-frames...

Looking over the source for that page, I found css mentioned only in the
meta tags.
These are descriptive tags used primarily by search engines, in fact the
HTML itself contains no css, only frames. Though I didn't check, perhaps the
html in the frames that are linked contains css. To use CSS, you need to
insert a line such as the following (for inline styles) : this generates
blue text on a yellowish-green background with the text losing its underline
if it's a hyperlink.....

<!--
.testcss1 {  font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:
16pt; font-weight: 400; color: #0000FF; background-color: #CCCC00;
text-decoration: none}
-->

The comment block will ensure arachne doesn't read the style information &
try to interpret it as html - this  technique also works quite well with
javascript. ALT : using a Linked style sheet, where all the information for
fonts, positioning etc is in the separate file /one.css :

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/one.css">

in the head of the document. The text in question would then get the style
applied by adding a class="testcss1" in the tag pair surrounding the text
(eg an anchor tag) :

Take it easy - Bye ... Neil.
In an online world without walls, who needs Gates and Windows?
Visit my home site for more info:
http://www.fresh-toast.com/welcome.htm