Ooops! Some confusion here, I wasn't precise enough : The discussion I had
referred to css support by Netscape / IE. Arachne doesn't support css, but
it can be induced to silently ignore it. Any html blocks without a font
specified for arachne will go to the default font, whatever that is, and I
suspect the font could be specified in a cfg file, by the user. (Anybody
have any experience of this? There seems to be a large selection of fonts in
the Arachne\System folder)

Anybody spot my deliberate mistake? :-{
- in the head of the document. The text in question would then get the style
- applied by adding a class="testcss1" in the tag pair surrounding the text
- (eg an anchor tag) :

- <a href="#" class="testclass1">This is a test link</a.>

*That* line should have class="testcss1" as specified in the style
definition - otherwise not going to work! Gaahhhh.

>Hmmmm! I though the default typeface for Arachne was in fact arial
>anyway, so Arachne would read any html input or css as arial/verdana
>family and display it as such. To prove this, surely you would have
>to make the style type text/css tag read Times Roman and see if that
>works!

In an online world without walls, who needs Gates and Windows?
Visit my home site for more info:
http://www.fresh-toast.com/welcome.htm