On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:44:21 -0400, Henry Carmichael wrote:

<snip>

> Hi, Sam & others:

> I downloaded their installation software and tried to install.  But it
> detects that I have the 1nol software, and reports that there are some
> incompatibilities, and if I want their stuff, I'll have to delete 1nol
> - which I'm not prepared to do yet.

No, I don't think you have to delete any of your software.  You can
probably easily foil their detection routine if you would just simply
temporarily rename or hide the main EXE for the 1nol software.  You
could easily write a batch file to perform the file renaming or to change
the file attributes.  The incompatibility is probably just phony, not
real.  It's like when a woman tells you she is incompatible with you.
It's just her way of saying she doesn't like you.  She thinks you won't
feel as hurt if she just says she is incompatible with you.  If you can
fool her into thinking that you don't have the attributes that she
doesn't like, then she will fall for you.

> But I did find a URL which lists Free ISP's and other assorted
> information that I thought some here might find useful.  On the
> page that comes up with http://www.stormloader.com/mnd/free.html there
> are mostly USA Free ISP's, but there are links to Free ISP's for other
> countries also.

> Hope this helps.

This does help somewhat, but the information is insufficient.  What we
need to know is which of the free ISPs require you to download their
incompatible software.  Most of us on the list are looking for free ISPs
that are compatible with any browser and with any email program.

FreeWWWeb and DialFree were free ISPs that used to work just fine, but now
they have folded up and they are both history.  :-(

All the best,

Sam Heywood
-- This mail sent by Arachne, www graphical browser for DOS
-- Visit the Arachne DOS Browser Home Page, http://home.arachne.cz