On Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:26:50 +0200, Or Botton wrote:

> Arachne stores the e-mail letters as separate files..

> What will happen if the POP3 box hold more messages then the limitation
> of files allowed in one DOS directory?

> (especialy when e-mail is stored in folders or not deleted from inbox)

Not to worry,

 The only DOS directory with a limit is the "root" directory.
All other directories have no limit to the number of files they can hold.

To test this, I copied almost 2400 files into l:\no_limit\*.*

---dir l:\no_limit > l:\no_limit.txt---

 Volume in drive L is MS-RAMDRIVE
 Directory of  L:\NO_LIMIT

.            <DIR>     9-23-00  4:15p
..           <DIR>     9-23-00  4:15p

<snipped file names>

     2391 File(s)  57496576 bytes free

Glenn McCorkle [EMAIL PROTECTED] North Jackson, Ohio, USA
DOS prog. for QV cameras http://www.angelfire.com/id/glenndoom/qvplay.html
Other stuff http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
--
            Arachne, The Web Browser for DOS
   Open the 'DOOR' to the WWW. Keep the 'windows' closed.