Bernie wrote:

> Or wrote:
> >I allready know several people who think that "dos can only do
> >256 colors".
>
> Atleast they understand that there can be some graphic in DOS, many people
> assume that since the UI is text-based all programs *must* be text-based as
> well.
> But you are correct, this might be a small problem with Clarences site.

OK OK. All I want is monochrome so 256 colors is a riot to me. ;-)

I WILL put a statement in there to indicate the actual color capabilty of
Arachne, but I won't lead visitors by the hand to it.

I never use Hicolor in Arachne for esthetic reasons, but I use 24bitTruecolor
with NS3.04 on the same box. Very little material I come across requires this
capability. I usually refuse to spend a lot of time downloading images with
color resolution exceeding their spatial resolution unless they happen to be
very special anatomy examples.<g>

-  Clarence Verge
--
-  Help stamp out FATWARE.  As a start visit: http://home.arachne.cz/