On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:46:01 -0700, "tomstfor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Mr. Polak:

> I am sorry to have to write you, but this talk of viruses sound
> scary.  I have just gotten Arachne back up after an unfortunate computer
> crash with the old hard drive and would be upset if a virus wiped my
> drive from the old machine. Later I want to install a different drive
> for Linux or something.  How bad is this and does it only affect you if
> you are running in Windows?  Is this the dread "Kali" virus {not to be
> confused with the Arachnoid from Australia} that is going around.  What
> are the chances of this thing damaging my system?

Let me answer this one for you, tomstfor.
Don't worry about the so-called "Kali" virus.  It is only a hoax.  It is
a variant of the Wobbler Virus Hoax.  For information on these hoaxes see
http://www.f-secure.com/hoaxes/wobbhoax.htm

All the best,

Sam Heywood

Sam Heywood
-- This mail sent by Arachne, www graphical browser for DOS
-- Visit the Arachne DOS Browser Home Page, http://home.arachne.cz