Steve wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Bernie wrote:
>
> > For a more permanent fix I would suggest
> > getting a S3 card (the best supported by SVGAlib IIRC - and the brand
> > Michael is using).
>
>   There are scores of different S3 cards.  The S3 ViRGE DX/GX
> card I have does not work with the S3 option in svgalib.config,
> however, VESA works very well with this card.

My Matrox Millenium II is a perfectly good card and I have no intentions of
getting anything different just so I can bang my head against a different
wall. If the software is so twisted that it won't run a perfectly good VESA
card, I just won't use the software.

I WILL try to find out what version svgalib I have - shouldn't take more
than a week or so. <g>

Joerg: Can you use svgalib VESA on your Matrox card ?

-  Clarence Verge
--
-  Help stamp out FATWARE.  As a start visit: http://home.arachne.cz/