> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Hello Clarence and Bernie, and anyone else who has an idea on why I can't
>> get Arachne to connect to the Internet.

Dear List:

          OK, it is time for my opinions and prejedices to be aired...
I think the problem may be trashed PPP data.
This happens a bit to me when something has upset modems. Slowing down
the speed often helps, and I edit the entry in arachne.cfg to 28k

The other thing that rang bells for me was the initialisation string.
I never use AT&F after some bad experiences with modems made in
different countries. Now I know that Colarado is actually part of USA
where the book on AT commands was written, but still, manufacturers
often put silly settings in the factory profile.
Does the same modem work in other applications? I always fiddle a couple
of things in the profile when I get intermittent characters at login.
  Kali
http://www.nimnet.asn.au/~kali