Some observations from this side of the pond
(I hope that friendly term for the North Atlantic
didn't offend any lone yachtsmen on the list)...

In the UK, all "Indians" are referred to as "Asians",
whether their origin be India, Pakistan, Bangladesh
or Uganda.

The Welsh are getting their woad mixed about the
forthcoming census, in which they don't feel due
deference is paid to their origins, through the
provision of yet another box to select and tick.
Wales had higher immigration at the end of the
19th Century than did the States, so not many of
them can claim pure ethnicity. They do have Welsh
language support from the Opera browser to console
them.

There is a peculiarity among the English that makes
it almost impossible for us to state our nationality
-- we all say we're British rather than English.
This may be from trying to keep on good terms with
Mel's brave bunch north of Hadrian's Wall, or tacit
acknowledgement of our mongrel breeding. According to
recent news reports, even Stonehenge is a fake.

Multiculturally yours,

Jake