(from Jake Young):

>I've found that JPEGs in rather deeply nested directories
>weren't displaying after converting. It's a URL-length limit
>rather than going "too deep". Below shows how far (or long)
>I've been able to go -- it roughly corresponds to all but the
>file-extension showing in the URL-box on a 640-wide screen.
>
>file:C:\a2345678\b2345678\c2345678\d2345678\e\12345678.jpg
>
>Go beyond this limit and the conversions in cache will have
>their names truncated: BlahBlah.bm then BlahBlah.b then
>BlahBlah then BlahBla "et seq". The conversions will display
>OK if re-named, but on other occasions they've been distorted
>-- I've not really looked into this.

Maybe this is due to a DOS path-length limitation rather than a bug in Arachne?
I think full file name with path is limited to 66 characters in DOS.  I just
checked Microsoft MS-DOS 5.0 User's Guide and Reference: "MS-DOS recognizes
paths of up to 66 characters (including the drive letter and colon)."