Glenn McCorkle wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:39:49 -0500, Clarence Verge wrote:
>
> > Switch to 256 color mode before you shoot your screen.
>
> What program are you using to convert those .BMPs ???
>
> You might just need to add a "color reduction" command-line-option.
>
> To create 256 color BMPs with djpeg, all we need is "-colors 256"
>
> djpeg32.exe -bmp -colors 256 input.jpg output.bmp

Hmmm. That's a very useful suggestion Glenn. I think I know where it is
going to go. <G>

> The program you are using to do BMP2GIF might also need
> something like this.

Bmp2gif is the actual name of the program written by a schooldays
friend of mine. It has no color reduction capability.

-  Clarence Verge
--
-  Help stamp out FATWARE.  As a start visit: http://home.arachne.cz/
-  The internet is infected - Windows is a VIRUS !!