Hi folks

Due to the inability between my son and me to agree on how to split
time evenly to access internet through our only phone line I installed
a network between our 2 computers (his Athlon 900 and my Pentium 166)

I installed a PCI network adapter on the A900 and a ISA PNP n.a. on the
P166. The A900 is running W98SE which comes with a program named
Internet Connection Sharing which allows the W98SE computer to run
sort of like a server of a local network while making calls through a
56k winmodem.  The ICS program generates a diskette for easy configuring
of clients (in this case the P166 running W95 OSR2). Everything
worked fine and we are all happy now.

But I want to run the same internet DOS programs that I run through
the PPP in the P166 client while the server A900 runs W98.
So far I couldn't. I would like to know if I am missing something.

Details:
The server communicates with the client using Microsoft TCP/IP protocol
and assigns to itself IP address 192.168.0.1 and subnetmask 255.255.255.0
The client is supposed  to get his IP address automatically. But through
recommendation of www.practicallynetworked.com I assigned IP address
manually to the client and the internet sharing continued fine.
I entered :  IP address 192.168.0.100
             subnetmask 255.255.255.0
             Gateway1   192.168.0.1
So I installed the ISA network adapter packet driver PNPPD.COM at s.i. 0x60
while base and irq are self configurating (0x340h, irq 12) and placed the
above IP addresses in the wattcp.cfg file , and it didN'T WORK.
The packet driver attaches fine to the card and also unloads fine
but result is BAD HOST.
May be somebody with network XP-rience has some idea.

Regards

Luis A. Loeff