Ron Clarke wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:47:45 -0500, Samuel W. Heywood wrote:
> > Samuel W. Heywood. PhD., Coordinator of Admissions, Royal Mental
> > Hospital, Kingdom of Padua.
>
> then Clarence Verge wrote:
> > I do believe we have a "meme" here. <G>
> > The Kindom of Padua evolves as we watch.
> > When the number of inhabitants starts to grow exponentially, we
> > will know for certain that the meme is viable...
> >
> > - - Clarence Verge
> > - - Using Arachne V1.62 from off the coast of Padua....
>
>     What's a "meme" ?

Memetics is sort of related to genetics.
A meme is a thought that seems to acquire a life of its own.
It propogates, sometimes evolves.
Like a religion.

Some hold that it is possible for an idea of the right kind to totally
modify a society - sometimes for the better, sometimes not.
We can see this happening all around us if we look.

These can explain much better than I:
http://www.memepool.com/Subject/Memetics/

-  Clarence Verge
--
-  Help stamp out FATWARE.  As a start visit: http://home.arachne.cz/
-  The internet is infected - Windows is a VIRUS !!