At 04:03 PM 10/31/01 +0800, you wrote:
>anarkissed wrote:
>
> >I see I should insert the !doc type header
>
>Just use it when validating, then delete it.
>There are documented instances of the biggest
>baddest browser tripping up when it's included,
>but not otherwise.
>
>Oh dear, I'm encouraging you to accommodate
>Explorer's shortcomings.
>
>W3C standards vs. the rich tapestry (or poisoned
>mire) of the real Net.
>
>Regards,
>
>Jake

Now I'm cornfuzzled.  I write my html with nothing but the barest amount of
code necessary to get the page to show as I want it to.  This means the
header is nearly empty.  Since my preferred browser on my primary machine
is IE6.0, I'd say it DOESN'T need that doctype line!  Does Arachne require
it or not?

--
For a country to be free it's citizens must have a way to defy unjust
laws.  The new electronic snooping devices are a step in the direction of