Joerg,

I use Google all the time, and what it says in English is "Your browser
may not be PDF compatible" and offers the option of going to a text page
rather than downloading the PDF.

It does that when I use Arachne.  It *also* does that when I use
Netscape, which I have set up to read PDF "on line." <G>

I prefer it that way, actually.  The text page downloads much more
quickly, I can scan it to see if it contains what I want using the F-7
text search, and then decide if I want the actual PDF file.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get NetScape to scan a page for
specific text?  Any win9x browser?

====

-- Arachne V1.70;rev.3, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/