Sam Ewalt wrote:
> Does it have jumpers that you have to set on the modem itself?
> Did it come with some documentation about how to set the jumpers?
> What Com port and Irq are you setting it up for?

Sam's questions are the right ones to ask. I have this exact modem
working with arachne in DOS as well as in LINUX. You DO have to
set the jumpers. The info on this is sort of hard to find (in a
PDF file on a CD tucked away in a directory called
doc\manuals\isa\isa_ven.pdf, p.31; the initialization string
is on p.24). If you don't have the CD, send me an e-mail and
I'll send you the PDF file; if you can't read it, maybe I can
convert it.

If you want your modem on COM2 IRQ3 (not uncommon), set JP1 on the
board so that 1-2 and 3-4 are jumpered AND so that JP2 is jumpered
at the last pair on the right.

Hope this helps.

Klaus Hameyer
Burlington, VT (USA)