On Sun, 09 Dec 2001 00:30:34 +0000, Bastiaan Edelman wrote:

>> Mister Wizard didn't find it. Tried: DOS box within WIN, "Start/Shut
>> down restart in DOS", boot F8 "command prompt" ...

>> Any ideas/help or comments? duh.

No, don't hit F8 and select "command prompt" when you see the
message "Starting Windows 95.  If you do that you will go
into native DOS real mode.  My Actiontec WinModem will not work
in that DOS mode, nor will it work from within a Windows
"DOS box".

First you go all the way into Windows.  Then you click on
START > SHUT DOWN.  Then select "Restart in MS-DOS mode" and
click on "OK".  When your computer restarts it will automatically
boot to a command line prompt.  Do not hit F8 and select
"command prompt".  In the "restarted in MS-DOS mode" the WinModem
drivers will automatically be loaded if your WinModem has the same
quirks as mine.  In this case and in this mode your WinModem should
work with DOS.  This is assuming that your WinModem has the same
peculiar quirks as mine.

Try again.  Wishing you better luck next time.

Sam Heywood

-- This mail was written by user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/