Clarence Verge wrote:

> I'm not gonna restart it and chck them all out, but right off
> I can say Tab and shiftTAB totally screw with my browsing.

I've just run the links browser.  Tab and shiftTAB do absolutely
nothing.

> And about "Q" ?  It gets me to that damned pulldown

Pressing Q exits links, just like lynx.  It appears to me that
you are either (1) confusing links with some other browser -or-
(2) using a very early version of links.  I suggest you try the
links in the current version of BasicLinux.  You might just come
to like it.  I particularly like the [ and ] for fine left-right
scrolling and Insert-Delete for fine up-down scrolling.

> On another point, what do you think happened to the freespace
> that should have been generated on my ramdisk when I deleted
> links and lynx ?

Perhaps a mistake when deleting?  Or perhaps when you installed
lynx from MonkeyLinux (?) you brought over more junk than you
realized?  Lynx has some big support files.  I suggest you do
a df after every operation, just to check the effect of what
you have done.

> I ran the memory test and it's fine.

We found the problem.  It was your faulty version of BasicLinux.
Now that that is fixed, you can expect everything to work.

Cheers,
Steven