Frankly I really do believe that this copyright scheme has no future.

One of the biggest and most important reasons the PC is such a good
tool, is because people are capable of producing free software
and their own tools whenever they wish, however they wish.

Eliminating this feature for the sake of "official" software
bodies will also hurt one of the most attractive feature of the PC
in general. Therefor, I believe that this idea wouldnt get actually
implemented.

Then again, if it will be implemented, that would give "stupidity"
a brand new light.