In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you write:
> Hi All;
>
> My computer(s) have been behaving strangely lately and I would like
> to check them for viral load. I've searched the web for archives from
> which I might be able to download a useful version of Mcaphee but all
> I can find is Windows crap. Imagine a 25 Mb download just for viruscan.

V3.x was the DOS command-line shareware offering, but I don't think that
it's still current, although probably available albeit out of date.
However, v4.x is still updated weekly.
Pick up the SDATnnnn.EXE file for 4.x and unpack it in DOS. It's about
4Mb and includes the defs and current DOS command-line engine plus some
Win 3.1 stuff. FTP, either Mcafee or SAC, is easier than HTTP, I find.
I have the feeling that you may need a commercial license.dat file to
use it, but I could be wrong about that.

F-Prot is free, smaller, just as good and easier to find.

Alex.
--
  (    Alex Venn               )  (   Success has many fathers,   )