At 01:35 PM 6/24/2002, you wrote:

>This bug existed since v4. There were issued patches inside service
>packs for every version since. What is really weird is that it
>prob'ly  continues to exist today inside v6.
>
>No further comments.
>

>Cristian Burneci

I've dealt with it on some of my friend's computers.  I work as a cheap
tech on call, working for donations for people who otherwise couldn't
afford machines.  I teach them to use them and such.  I have tried in every
case to talk them into using Eudora (No, I DONT want to teach them DOS or
Linux, they're hard enough to teach in Win$) but time and again they insist
on using OE.  That's what their friends use.  That's what their ISP talks
them into using.    I've found one can set a deliberate attachments folder
rather than the buried in "somewhere-land" folder it usually uses.  I know
where that is, but it's damned cryptic and hard to remember and I sure
couldn't teach them to go find it and you still would have trouble finding
the folder with the attachments recently recieved.  Anyway, by setting a
deliberate folder and then turning off preview pane it is possible to check
out attachments and delete the assorted weird ones from the folder before
examining the messages.
The best answer though if you're going to insist on using that POS OE is
to, again, turn off the preview pane and delete unread every message
containing unsolicted messages after composing a message to the sender
requesting that they forewarn  and resend if the attachment was important.
I would say it's time OE was rewritten to stop displaying html interactive
content.  People can live without it!

I wish I were a glow worm,
'Cause a glow worm's never glum.
How can you be unhappy