Dear List:
Like many before me I have failed to get Arachne to run under Linux.
The Install program seems to run, and makes familiar looking files in
believable directories, but at the key point when you type "arachne"
there is the strange complaint that arachne-svgalib  does not exist.

This is strange because it is not only in /usr/bin where it is meant to
be, but also in usr/arachne-1.66b for some reason. I am doubly sure of
this because I am running monkey linux which allows me to look where
everything is with XTREE.
This all feels like a path or location muckup.

I am very happy with monkey linux by the way -
It does ftp, telnet, xwindows, agetty to a WYSE terminal, and even
DOSEMU!
Kali

http://www.nimnet.asn.au/~kali/