I have no experience with the setup you talk about, and I haven't even
tried to get the camera to work with Win98 yet.  But I did struggle
through getting W2K to do what was necessary to grab the photos from the
camera and get them to the HDD.

So my first question is:  Did you run "add hardware" [or the Win98
equivalent]?

Second:  Doesn't the camera itself have a USB port or ??  Mine does, and
although I could read the add-in flash card with a separate reader, it
works better/simpler "installing" camera and 'drag/drop' folder of pics
that way.

Oh ... with a reader in the floppy slot, are you sure that is supposed
to still be the A: drive??

====

<snip>

-- Arachne V1.70;rev.3, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/