On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Richard Menedetter wrote:

> Hi Laurie!
>
> 29 Nov 2002, "Laurie L Proud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  LP> 1) Can Arachne use a USB port for connection to a modem?.
>
> no

Well, if it is a real hardware modem, and not a winmodem, I believe it
_might_ be possible to get a USB-to-serial cable, if the computer has a
spare serial port, and then some DOS software to run it...(a very quick
and dirty search on google seems to indicate that such exists).

OTOH, begging, borrowing or stealing an old unused external serial modem
would seem to be so much easier.

--
Gregor J Jones                    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Boston MA