On 14 Dec 02 at 5:12, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Glenn I woulden't bother.  Arachne isn't rearly meant to be run on
>a windows system, and your time could be better spent.  Please don't
>get up to your elbows in assembler on our account.
>Just my view guy's, but there's more pressing job's to do than sort
>out windoze funny's.  Assuming the assembler isn't a five minute job.
>
>Regards Laurie

There *are* a few reasons why some of us prefer the DOS versions
coming with Win95/98 (ao. memory management or the ability to
recognize the compressed hard disk of another computer with *only*
Windows). So if there is no quick or easy fix there should be a
warning in Arachne's documentation, now as this bug has been
reproduced by enough list members. If the change in code is too
complicate probably there could be a switch in arachne.cfg to
deactivate the function?

Christof Lange

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha  3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov