Hi All,

> From: "L.D. Best" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Gotta disagree with both of you, Glenn & Sam ...

> It is not money.
> It is not ideals.

> Money is a possible way to gain what the instigators really seek.
> Ideals are a patina, an overlay, an excuse to excuse actions.
> The two underlying causes of most of the world's problems are:

>      Fear
>      The lack of "power," or fear of "losing" power

And all this time I thought L.D. was just a loonie! ;-)

Now I see just how insightful she really is.  Money is NOT the root of
all evil, just most of it.  But the darkest forms of evil are motivated--
just like L.D. says--by the love of power, and by the fears that lurk
just below the surface of that love.  Name the most evil people of this
century (Stalin, Hitler, PolPot, etc.) and in every case, they couldn't
have cared less about money; POWER was their god.

Reread 1984.

Ray Andrews,
Vancouver, Canada

-- Arachne V1.71;UE01, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/