Hi Folks, Joerge,

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:58:20 +1100, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg?= Dietze wrote:

> Hi folks,

> no need to use these old versions. There is an inoffical DOS compile of  GS
7.05
> which works fine with the lates PDF version (1.4, Acrobat ver. 5). To build
Your
> own DOS version get the OS/2 package here:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1897&release_id=86074
> Download the Dos exe here: http://djvomght.bei.t-online.de/GS705DOS.ZIP
> Unzip both archives and replace the OS/2 exe with the DOS one and You are
ready
> to go.

    After much previous frustration, failure, kicking of cats, I had
managed to get GS505 working for Arachne.  I now find (with the same
tweaking) I can get GS705 (ex. OS/2) working as well, and it doesn't
choke on some of the PDF file errors that GS505 did.

   In case it may help some others, this is what I did.

  ( Arachne is installed in d:\ARAC171, and TEMP is set to a RAM disk. )

1.  In MIME.CFG, I added the lines:

application/pdf      >HTM|@call pdf2htm.bat $1 $2
file/.pdf            >HTM|@call pdf2htm.bat $1 $2

2.  In the main Arachne directory, I placed the file PDF2HTM.BAT, being:

@echo off
echo Ghostscript is currently busy converting the given PDF file to HTML.
echo This can take up several minutes.
echo Would You like to have some coffee...?
del c:\gs705\gs705\lib\gsmustdo >NUL
del d:\arac171\cache\page*.* >NUL
c:
cd\gs705\gs705\lib
argh %1
gs386 @gsmustdo >%TEMP%\gsout.txt
htmlgen >%2
d:
cd\arac171

3.  In the directory c:\GS705\GS705\LIB I added
    a)  ALL the font files from GS705
    b)  ARGH.EXE         from Joerge
    c)  HTMLGEN.EXE      from Joerge
    d)  PDF2HTM.BAT      from Joerge  (without the changes of the one
                                       above)
    e)  PDF2HTM.INI      from Joerge
    f)  GS386.EXE and DOS4WG.EXE    from GS705DOS.ZIP

  The directory c:\GS705\etc, etc is NOT in my path - I found that it
didn't help, so I didn't do it.

   This now works for me. Thank you Joerge.  :)

Regards,
         Ron

Ron Clarke
http://homepages.valylink.net.au/~ausreg/index.html