Dear List:
We get a lot of backpackers here who all want to use hotmail of course.
There is a German webmail site which works with Arachne, but we have to
tell the Hotmail clients to give up. I did have a Netscape 4.1 running
on Windows 3.1 just to get into Hotmail, but recently that has stopped
working as well - you get nearly through all the login protocol and
suddebly you are thrown back to the start.
The thing to do is to get either a server who will run NEOMAIL as a
webmail program, or who will allow telnets, and be prepared to install
arachne on other peoples computer.

Kali
PS after some months of frustration I eventually got a PPPD/chat login
to work. all those different config files, and I have no idea how
PPPD reads them....  The "expect send" sequence is tricky too...
http://www.nimnet.asn.au/~kali