On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:29:46 -0500 (EST), Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> linuxfreemail.com is still free, and it works with
> arachne.

For me Linuxfreemail works for doing POP3 with any DOS-based email
client.  The web-based interface part doesn't work at all with
anything, not even with Window$ browsers and not even with the linux
LINKS browser.  I can send an email to the webmaster to tell him about
about this problem, but he will not reply.  Linuxfreemail also provides
PINE running on a remote server accessible by Telnet.  The setup for
the "URL-view" feature doesn't work on that server.  Other than that it
does PINE just fine.

Recently Linuxfreemail went down for a very long time, maybe for a
couple of months or more.  There was never any explanation posted nor
any email sent to me to tell me why they went down for so long.
Linuxfreemail has been up and running again for about the last two
or three weeks or so.

Sam Heywood
--
This mail was written by user of The Arachne Browser:
http://browser.arachne.cz/