from "Samuel W. Heywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Nope, no drivers needed.  The problem with the modem was that it
> did not come with jumpers and I could not get it to take a standard
> com port and irq.  This one would take only irq 5!  Most DOS
> communications programs insist on having modems taking standard com
> ports and irqs.

Anybody ever hear of a PCI modem with jumpers?  I think a PCI modem gets its
IRQ and base address from the BIOS, PCI bus is different from ISA.  I jumpered
the Diamond SupraExpress 56i ISA modem for COM4 (base 0x2e8), IRQ 5 because
that was what the previous no-longer-working-well modem used.  I think most DOS
communications programs could be made to work with the nonstandard COM4 IRQ 5,
but some didn't.  Apparently many programmers of DOS communications programs
make assumptions about the hardware that are now antiquated.

(on Net-Tamer)
> You could edit the setup file with a hex editor.  I don't know if you
> could get the file to work for you, but you can in fact edit it.

If I were serious about wanting to run Net-Tamer, I could possibly email
David Colston.  But it looks like Net-Tamer is falling into desuetude.  Has
there been any recent update?