> On Friday, Antonio wrote:

>> Subject: Re: Arachne's FTP uploads = OK, but...

>> Hey guys...

>> please, stop these personal-like messages going thru the entire
>> Arachne mailing list...

IMHO Antonio sure has a point especialy since he is not able to
unsubscribe...

On the other hand it is very easy to detect the Arachne mailing list
items and to delete them right away.
This is only possible if you know the names of the people on the list
and the main subjects of the list.

It would be nice if we would have some variation in the subject line.
It is not that easy to delete the subjects that do not interest you.

How should I know the contents of "Arachne-digest V1 #2178" without the
opening of the mail?

Another problem is encountered in storing messages with the same title.

One can leave them in the inbox. There are now abt 10 messages titled;
Arachne's FTP Upload in my inbox and many related in the FTP folder.
To find a specific one... you have to open them and read them all.
We can put them into a folder, eg the folder "FTP" but that does not
make things any better.

The number in the inbox does have some meaning but these numbers do
change if items are added or deleted.

It would be a great help if:
- The subject line has a distinct meaning (not V1 #2178)
- If "of topic" items are clearly marked "OT", most members do :-)
- If all Arachne list mailings are marked with always the same marking
so people who like to filter and are able to, can filter all Arachne mail
away. Best way to accomplish this is at the Mojordomo level IMHO :-(

It would be a great help if a mail in the inbox could be marked while
reading it for the first time.
I would like two kinds of markings:
1- ready to delete
2- add a personal remark to the subject line

If the deletion for #1 is automatic after leaving the inbox or by
marking the mail yellow and then delete manualy by the "delete" button
is of second importance.

>> please, please, PLEASE!!
>> DON'T SEND ANYTHING TO THE LIST UNLESS IT'S STRICTLY USABLE FOR
>> ALL OF US (or in the interest of all or at least most of the
>> list members)

This can not be done... how would the sender of a message know what is
"usable" to other members of this list and what is "unusable"?????????
At first thought 95% of the messages I send to the list are not usable,
but in most cases someone answers and very often an interesting
discussion is the final result.
The only unusable messages are the messages nobody reacted upon... such
a message appears just one time since no reactions follow.

So 95% of the Arachne mail is interesting, at least to several members.

Mail only interesting for one, or a few members, are send in private.
(Thank you L.D. for 'What I love about the internet', a while back)

Regards, Bastiaan
.