On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:43:09 -0500, Dean Coffey wrote:

> ftp://ftp.f-prot.com/pub

> HTH

> Dean Coffey

>> Does anybody know of an ftp site or an alternative web site
>> where I might be able to download the latest version of
>> F-PROT and also the latest updates for the virus signature
>> files?

>> TIA,

>> Sam Heywood

Tried it, and that one works for me too.  Thanx.

Sam Heywood
P.S. BTW, so far I have not yet been able to identify the ugly
looking thing that appears to be a virus that somebody recently
sent to the list server.  I'm not worried about it because I
have been able to determine that the program cannot run in DOS
mode.  Also I can see that it wouldn't do whatever it is designed
to do unless one were to have support for JavaScript.

I'm just very curious to know what this very nasty looking thing
might be.  If anyone knows, please clue us in on what sorry fate
a Window$ user might have suffered if he had been so stupid as to
have opened the message and unzipped the attached binary and tried
to run it.

I don't know why the virus purveyors are sending zipped binaries.
Is Window$ so badly designed that it can even automagically unzip
and run an attached executable binary just by the operator's opening
an email?  I know Window$ is very bad and that it is getting much
worse.  Has it gotten so bad by now that it can wreak more evil than
we ever before imagined possible?

Hmmmm ........

--
This mail was written by user of The Arachne Browser:
http://browser.arachne.cz/