Glenn,

I think that Bernie was asking if the unsubscribe function of Majordomo was
broken for *all* of the Majordomo lists, not just the Arachne Majordomo lists.

If the unsubscribe function is broken only for the Arachne lists, then it
seems to me that it is an Arachne problem.  If it broken for *all* Majordomo
lists, then it is a Majordomo problem.

Also, I think that Michael P. interpreted your suggestion as being getting
rid of the list service, rather than deleting all of the addresses in the
list and having people resubscribe.  While this is a sledgehammer approach,
it does not correct the basic problem of not being able to unsubscribe.

Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona

Glenn McCorkle wrote:

. > On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:17:51 +0200, Bernhard Eriksson wrote:

> I don't understand the problem. Is this related only to the arachne list or
> to all the majordomo lists? If it's only this list then just make a new one
> and ask everyone to subscribe to that one instead. Then noone should miss
> any mail. I'm no wizard when it comes to Majordomo, but copying the
> settings from a newly created list with the settings we want over the
> current ones would also solve the problem as I see it.
> //Bernie

. > The problem exists for all of the lists being served
. > by Majordomo at arachne.cz

. > I just tried unsubbing from all 5 of the lists I'm subbed to:

. > --- the result ----
. > http://www.cisnet.com/glennmcc/no-unsub.txt

. > --
. >  Glenn