On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:31:03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi list,

> Arachne allows to define a file specification as an index
> (generator) on local directories. This feature was probably meant for
> testing web pages, because the pages on your local drive behave
> behave in the same way as on on the server. E.g. you type the path
> ending with a backslash - and you get the file path\index.shtml, or
> path\default.htm or whatever. You can define the configuration
> variable 'Index' either on the misc. options page or by editing
> arachne.cfg.

> Very interesting is that at this place you can even introduce an
> external program: Whenever you need to scan a directory, and type
> a directory ending with a backslash this program will be called
> and obtains the directory path as its command line parameter.

> This allows a very principle improvement for the d2h utility I
> proposed earlier this week.

> With these settings in arachne.cfg:

> Index d2h.dgi
> ShiftF3 file:x:\

> you will be able to call the utility whenever you want through a self
> defined function key (e.g. Shift+F3). It will then immediately scan
> the directory given in the key definition (in the example it is x:\).
> The outcoming page will give you access to all directories and all
> drives of your local system.

> More than that: any time you write a local directory to Arachne's
> address line ending with a backlash (without file specification)
> the d2h.dgi will be called and takes the directory from the address
> line as a parameter.

> To wake your phantasy I uploaded a screenshot:

> http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov/download/d2hscr.zbm

> The awk script has been heavily improved. There are no more buttons
> on the screen. Files are now sorted alphabetically by extension and a
> bug in the searching routine has been removed. I hope the new scripts
> are not only easier to use, but also easier to understand and to
> modify for those who want to do so.

> d2h version 0.0.2 can be downloaded from:

> http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov/download/d2h002.zip

> Have fun
> Christof Lange

Thank you Christof

Very nice work. :)

BTW,
Here are a couple of things that some users might not be aware of.

Anyone who has Arachne v1.71;UE01 can already see that little
"feature" in operation.

Just place this into your URL line and hit 'Enter'

file://dirdgi.htm

It uses this line in Mime.cfg

file/dir.dgi >htm|dir $klastdir \|$esystem\\dgi\\fixmem dir>$2

('fixmem' is referring to 'fixmem.com' written by Clarence Verge)

Also, here's another little 'trick' that wwwman.exe can do.

While viewing a directory containing several MP3 files.

Just change '*.*' at the end of the URL line to read '*.mp3'

As soon as we press enter... all of the MP3s will be fed to our player
program as a 'playlist'.

Here are 2 screen-caps.
http://www.angelfire.com/linux/glennmcc/images/
(mp3-1.jpg and mp3-2.jpg)

This works equally well with *.MPG and *.AVI

--
 Glenn
 http://arachne.cz/