>>> This week I decided to take a quick break from my OMAP work and instead
>>> had a play around with optimising ArcEm to run faster on ARM hardware
>>> (although I suspect most of the optimisations will benefit other platforms
>>> too).
>>
>> Impressive!  Could you re-zip your archive though, as the structure is
>> screwed up, with files ending up in subdirectories of their file
>> extension, eg:
>
> Yes, I was compiling everything on RISC OS. Here's another archive with no
> elf and everything back in Unix form, suitable for diffing against CVS:
>
> http://www.phlamethrower.co.uk/misc2/arcem-fast-unix.zip

[Apologies to Jeffrey Lee who will get this twice, I meant to send to
list rather than just to him]

I think the FastMap is going to need some care for 64-bit hosts. The
code seems to contain frequent assumptions that pointers and words are
the same size, resulting in:

In file included from armdefs.h:279,
                from armcopro.c:18:
arch/armarc.h: In function ‘FastMap_Log2Phy’:
arch/armarc.h:160: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
arch/armarc.h: In function ‘FastMap_Phy2Func’:
arch/armarc.h:166: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
arch/armarc.h:166: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
In file included from arch/armarc.h:209,
                from armdefs.h:279,
                from armcopro.c:18:
./fastmap.c: In function ‘ARMul_StoreByte’:
./fastmap.c:126: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
./fastmap.c:126: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
./fastmap.c: In function ‘ARMul_SwapByte’:
./fastmap.c:205: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
./fastmap.c:205: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

Matthew