(Whoops, make sure I get the right email address for arcem-devel this
time. Apologies to Andew who'll get this twice!)

Hi Andrew,

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011, Andrew Flegg wrote:

> Apologies for the off-topicyness, but I've built the arcem-fast branch
> with 'make SOUND_SUPPORT=yes' and run it under 'padsp'. I get the
> satisfying beep of WaveSynth-Beep and a flashback to *finally* getting
> an Arc (well, an A3010) after about 5 years of trying.
>
> Unfortunately, trying to access any ADF image spews out a load of
> errors of the form:
>
>    Read from non-IOC IO space (addr=0x0304f600 pc=0x0000001c
>
> No Filer window opens (RISC OS 3.11). During startup, the image is
> detected properly though:
>
>    floppy format ADFS 800KB used for drive 0's r/w, 819200 length, image.
>    inserting floppy image FloppyImage0 into drive 0: ok
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andrew

With any luck this should be fixed now. You'll be glad to hear it was because
your computer is too fast ;)

The floppy emulation was using a fixed number of cycles between generating
interrupts and sending data to the ARM, but it seems that RISC OS relies
on fixed amounts of time passing between the interrupts instead of fixed
amounts of CPU cycles. So on a slow machine the floppy code worked fine, but on
a fast machine it would fail horribly. I've changed the code to use
timings that roughly mimic those of a real floppy drive, and that seems to have
fixed the crashing for me. Let us know if you're still having problems!

(CC'd the arcem-devel list instead of RPCEmu to keep things on-topic)

Cheers,

- Jeffrey